Deadline for applications was
July 26th, 2019
End-of-Life Community Conference Workshop Application
Our Foundation’s vision is to transform the end of life experience into the final act of living well for hospice patients and their loved ones. One of our mission areas that fulfills this vision is to educate our community about end of life issues.
For the past 18 years, the Foundation has educated thousands of attendees through our annual End of Life Community Conference. We invite you to submit your ideas for a session that speaks to the theme and objectives as outlined below:
Conference date: Friday, January 10, 2020 from 8:00am-4:00pm
Title: “An Inspired Journey”
Theme: Personal death awareness –
how to navigate the various aspects of end of life
• Participants will feel more comfortable talking about death
• Participants will have increased awareness of planning for EOL
• Participants will be willing to complete their Five Wishes or share feedback about why they won’t
• Participants will identify information gaps to which future conferences can be tailored
Knowing that death is a difficult subject for people to discuss, our theme is “An Inspired Journey” – using the Five Wishes (advance care planning tool) as a guiding document. Workshop topics will focus on 1) End of life preparation (“Preparing for the Trip”); 2) Diagnosis of a life-limiting illness/traumatic event (“Hitting Turbulence); 3) “Finding Joy on the Journey” (with the time I have left); 4) Final arrangements and working through grief (“Coming Home & Unpacking”).
Workshops should be interactive and contain artistic, educational and/or therapeutic elements.
If you are interested in joining our collaborative effort, please fill out the application and submit it no later than July 26th, 2019.
Thank you to our planning partners from the End of Life Care Partnership, including the United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona, Pima Council on Aging, Interfaith Community Services, Southwest Folklife Alliance and Casa de la Luz.
Please give consideration to the following factors in designing your proposed workshop:
• Must be 60 minutes in length, including Q&A
• Must be presented twice, in back-to-back sessions (a.m. or p.m.)
• Must be able to accommodate 60-80 participants
Photo Credit for Inspired Journey Image: Pixabay